As you can probably tell by the title, I GOT NOMINATED FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD by the wonderful Candidlyangel (Thank you again by the way!). Clearly I’m only slightly excited by this.. 😛 I only started blogging at the end of May and I haven’t used any of my social media platforms to boost my readers so I really appreciate each and every person who takes their time to read, like and follow my blog! The only person who I have told about my blog is my boyfriend who hasn’t even been allowed to read it yet!
The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers in an attempt to boost each others blog! The award is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers and the rules are pretty simple! 🙂
- Thank the blog who nominated you and link it back to them
- Nominate 11 other blogs to receive the award
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Tell the readers 11 facts about yourself
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer about themselves
- College life when you’re 5″ nothing
- Teiya Oloilole
- Joy’s Travel
- Plant-Based, World Bound
- Love Travelling
- Style and a Half
- Greasy to Gilded
- The Confessions of a Wanderer
- Happy At Twelve
- A Girl’s Voyage
- Anyone else who would like to complete the task! 🙂
The questions I was asked:
- What is your favorite quote/motto? Why?
When I was leaving school, my French teacher signed my yearbook with “souriez à la vie et la vie te sourit” which loosely translates as ‘smile at life and life will smile at you’. I really like this as it inspires my to be positive when things seem to be looking down! 🙂
2. If you can be a new character in a show/series/movie (or anything that is shown on a screen), what would it be and what kind of role would you play?
I would most definitely be the badass who beats everyone (who deserves it) up! 🙂
3. If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you like to have seen?
I know I should have some deep response to this question, in reality if I could have seen anything, I would have liked to have been at my parent’s wedding.. My great-grandmother was there and so was my grandfather who has since passed away. I would have loved to see my parents get married, maybe its the hopeless romantic in me!
4. What is the strangest name someone has introduced themselves as to you? What is their real name?
Ok so not an exact answer to this but when I was in first year, my friend was introducing herself to people and said ‘Hi, my name is Abigail’ to one of the girls in our year, the girl responded with ‘Agaba, that’s a nice name….’ From then I affectionately called Abigail Agaba! 🙂
5. What type of music do you listen to? Who are your favorite artists?
This question is something I don’t ever have an answer to! 😛 I am currently listening to Michael Franti & Spearhead – The Sound Of Sunshine but I will literally listen to pretty much anything excluding rap and heavy metal! I love artists from Bruce Springsteen to Walking on Cars to Bruno Mars to Taylor Swift! My tastes are pretty varied! 🙂
6. If you could marry a fictional character, who would you marry? Or if you don’t want to marry anyone, which fictional character do you believe is the most like yourself?
There are fictional characters who I admire simply because the actors who play them are insanely attractive.. As to who I believe is most like me? I honestly don’t know! I am me! 🙂
7. What are your life and career goals in the present and in 10 years?
When I was younger, I wanted to be an equine physiotherapist, then I wanted to be a doctor, now I am studying Commerce and Spanish… A bit of a difference! A part of me regrets not studying for medicine and trying to become a doctor so who knows if I will go back to college and study GEM. I am also considering doing a postgraduate degree/ masters in Law as it is the element of commerce that I am enjoying the most at the moment!
I would like to be married in 10 years time and to have traveled the world with the person I love. Work wise, I want to be doing something I love!
8. For you, what is the more logical to follow – your heart of your brain?
For me the most logical thing to do would be to follow my head but as a hopeless romantic I am ruled by my heart! I also believe strongly in things and I believe that these beliefs don’t come from my head, but my heart.
9. If you had met me before, how would you describe me?
I haven’t met you 🙂
10. What is the funniest thing you have ever done?
The funniest thing I have ever done? I have no idea! Some of the most fun I have had include spending a month in Valencia, Spain last summer with one of by best friends Grace.
11. If you could read minds, whose would you want to read?
The person who is going to get a 1.1 in my exams in college!
11 Facts About Me
- My first name is Kathy and Kat came about when during the fore-mentioned month in Valencia, the kids I was looking after (I was teaching English in summer camps) either couldn’t say or remember Kathy so I told them to call me Kat.
- I have been in 9 countries (Wales, Bosnia, Croatia, Spain, France, Belgium, Scotland, Germany and Holland) and have worked while in 2 of them. Madrid happens to be my favorite place I have ever visited but I have a special place in my heart for Antwerp in Belgium ❤
- I am currently a bit obsessed with Micheal Franti & Spearhead (especially their song ‘Say Hey (I Love You)’
- I have only told my boyfriend about this blog. No body else in my everyday life knows anything about it!
- I really want to get a tattoo or two.. 🙂 I have an idea for one and I know where I want to get another one but I don’t know what I want to actually get there!
- Westlife, U2, Nanci Griffith and Bruce Springsteen were the soundtrack to my childhood.
- I love Disney movies! My favorite would have to be Mulan (Mushu is the most hilarious sidekick ever!!) I do also love Beauty and The Beast and Frozen! I just a bit of a Disney nut… 🙂
- I am the oldest of 4 children and when we were younger and staying with my Dad’s parents, my Granny would give us twisters for breakfast before my parents got up!
- I love animals! I have 3 dogs, Angie, Liath and Cherry, and 2 cats, Hallie and Berrie.
- I am 5″8 and have naturally curly hair which drives me demented at times but I do actually love 🙂 My Gran gives out to me when she sees me with my hair straightened.
- I adore food but I am intolerant to wheat, gluten and dairy!
My 11 questions for you:
- What is your favorite place you have ever visited and why?
- Would you prefer to live without food or without WiFi for 24 hours?
- Do you prefer books or movies? What is your favorite book/movie?
- What does your life look like in 15 years?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
- Sport. Yay or Nay? Why?
- What is your favorite animal?
- If you could wake up anywhere in the morning, where would it be and why?
- If any Hollywood star dead or alive could play you in a film about your life, who would it be? why?
- If you were going to be an animal, what type pf animal would you be? why?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
Thank you guys for reading and best of luck to those who I have nominated! 🙂 I hope you have gotten more of an insight into my life and it will encourage you to come back and read more! 🙂
See you soon,