So I am writing this after eating my last dinner with my famalam. I have just finished packing my bag and in about 4 hours time I will be leaving my house and Cork until the 1st of August. (Well that’s when I started writing this post..)
I wanted to write a post on how I packed for this trip. I am away for 2 months and just brought a carry on bag.. Yes I do think I’m slightly nuts.. I wanted to bring enough that I don’t end up living in the same clothes but not too much that I needed to bring a check on bag. I found that rolling my clothes was the best way to get them all into my bag. I was cursing myself during the week when I tried packing, I genuinely packed and unpacked at least 3 times!!
I am a chronic over-packer! It’s a problem I have.. 😛
I brought about:
- 4 pairs of shorts
- A skirt
- A pair of nice ankle length pants
- A pair of gypsy pants (The ones with the tight legs and they are baggy then up the top and are high-waisted)
- A Maxi dress
- 3 swimsuits and a sarong
- about a million tops (OK slight exaggeration, but I did bring plenty)
- and lots of underwear and socks
- I also brought a pair of runners, slip on shoes, two pairs of sandals and a pair of flip-flops.
Somehow I managed to fit all the above into my carry on suitcase. I also brought a ‘Personal bag’ with me which had my laptop, book, makeup, a small handbag with my purse, passport, phone etc., my chargers and of course some food 🙂 My laptop being the brick it is made the bag weigh a tonne and one of the straps broke off it before I even got on the plane (go me!)
Hopefully this stuff will be enough to keep me somewhat sane!
Until next time,